With varying types of meeting room space on the market, the selection of the most suitable space for your requirement can seem daunting at times. You can narrow down your search in the first instance by choosing a venue that fits your locational needs – though you may still be left with a significant number of options. A telephone call to the remaining venues or a look at their websites may help you make a quick and decisive choice when you have a small requirement but for larger meetings, a visit to the venue beforehand may be wise.
So what should you look out for on a visit?
We have come up with four key areas to consider:
1) Appearance of Space
- Are the venue staff presentable?
- Are break out and reception areas clean and tidy?
- Does the room itself benefit from plenty of natural light?
- Does the room portray the image you are after?
2) Size of Space
- Is there suitable room for all your delegates on the day?
- Is there room for your guest speaker?
- Is there adequate space available for audio and visual equipment?
- Do your delegates have enough space to take notes if required?
- Could you use another room if there is an overspill in delegate numbers on the day?
3) Practicality of Space
- Will there be enough tables and chairs for your delegates on the day?
- Would all the delegates have uninterrupted views of the guest speaker?
- Would you be able to change the layout of the room easily if needed?
- Does the space benefit from easy access to other facilities? e.g. toilets, kitchens
- Are there enough power points in the room for AV equipment?
- Internet connections – WiFi or Broadband?
4) Accessibility of Space
- Do you need to provide delegate lists in advance for security purposes?
- Does the room / venue benefit from disabled access?
- If you are bringing equipment into the venue, are there lifts available?
- Where are the nearest fire exits?
- Is there on-site car parking for you and your staff?
- Does the venue benefit from adequate public transport connections?
Using these pointers as a guide should help you decide if the meeting room space is suitable for your needs.
Abbey Business Centres operate 13 business centres across the UK with each offering high quality meeting room and conference space available to hire by the hour, half day or day. For further information about hiring meeting room space, call 0800 634 6346